Sunday, November 13, 2005

How Would You Like Your Cellphone: STUFFED IN YOUR EAR OR YOUR MOUTH!( Aladdin's Mediterranean Cuisine)


This is actually my second time dining at Aladdin. It's in the North Park area of San Diego. My husband and I decided to take a drive down to San Diego just to be spontaneous. We decided to dine at Aladdin. I've eaten at Aladdin once before, it was my husband's first time. The first time I ate at Aladdin's I had the Chicken kabob(Char broiled strips of chicken, marinated in a tasty garlic lemon zafran sauce and rolled in pita with garlic and tomatoes.) Very tasty.




My husband ordered the Chicken Shawerma( Marinated strips of chicken, charbroilded on an open fire, topped with garlic tahini sauce and tomatoes rolled in pita.) It was a warm and balmy Saturday evening , there's a soft fusion of sliverware clinging and clanging with Middle Eastern music filtering the background. My husband and I are nestled at a corner table under a nice oil painting and dim lighting. Just as I was about to take another bite of my chicken kabob, all of sudden in the midst of my ultimate dining experience, "Karla's" cellphone rang!! Who's Karla you ask ? I have no FRIGGIN' IDEA! But if Karla didn't answer her cellphone I would have never known Karla's name !! Karla didn't you read the cellphone etiquette pamphlet ? Don't you pay attention to the PSA's in movie theaters ? Karla I don't want to hear your conversation in between sips of iced tea and green tossed salad ! Karla I was already annoyed as you sashayed into the restaurant with that multi-colored contraption attached to your ear in the first place! But to make matters even worse Karla, the person that phoned you had the wrong number ! Where's the owner when I need them ? Maybe there should be "cellphone snatchers" standing on the sidelines of dining areas, so that when a customer's loud cellphone rings, a "cellphone snatcher" can tackle the customer and yank the cellphone off their ear or out of their hands. Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme. I have another suggestion; restaurant owners and managers should post a small sign in the entrance of their restaurants stating that "Disruptive Cellphones Will Not Be Tolerated" or perhaps a blurb on the menu, especially in fine dining and upscale establishments.



Well, besides Karla's lack of consideration for valued customers I had a great time dining at Aladdin. We had baklava with ground pistachios for dessert. The food and customer service is good. Aladdin has a variety of entrees to choose, exotic rice plates and more ! Check out Aladdin's at 1220 Cleveland Ave #101 San Diego, CA. 92103

No comments: