Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Beary Good Food ( Hanford, CA)


If bear items are your thing, then Black Bear restaurants are the place to eat. I assume that all the locations have a large selection of bear goodies like the one in Hanford. Where the heck is Hanford, California you ask ? It’s in the San Joaquin Valley, about 300 miles north of Los Angeles. Yes, it’s a small town, and the town still has those dangling street lights. Hanford is a patchwork of corn fields, grape vineyards, and orchards and in certain sections of the town one can smell the caustic odor of cows, garlic, and wine. Inviting isn’t it ? What was I doing in Hanford, CA ? I have lots of family in Hanford. My mother was born and raised in Hanford. However, now I just have mostly cousins and a couple of aunts. So back to the bear necessities, if you’re a collector of bear items, you can purchase merchandise such as bear candles, toothpicks, t-shirts, ceramic figures, teddy bears and more.
I’ve eaten twice at the Hanford location. The food is pretty good. Black Bear make’s their own sausage where you can see fennel seeds embedded inside. I’m sure Black Bear probably makes other homemade food items too. On both visits I dined with family members. I heard about Black Bear Restaurants in Arizona but did not know it was a national chain until my cousin
suggested that we eat at the one in Hanford. Our server named Jessica waited on us on both visits. So if you’re ever in Hanford, CA and you visit Black Bear, request for Jessica, she’s wonderful, and she accommodated for all my diverse relatives. Reasonable prices. Ample parking. Good service. Black Bear serves breakfast, lunch,and dinner and is located at 1790 W Lacey Blvd. 559.584.8278

No comments: