Wednesday, November 09, 2005

How About A Toilet Seat With That Shake ?

One afternoon, my partner and I had a taste for some authentic African food. My partner recalled that a friend of his told him about this joint in Inglewood,CA. So we drove all the way from Long Beach just to eat at this place. When we arrived at the restaurant we sat down and there was a television blasting in the background. A man walked in with what appeared to be a part of a toilet seat in his hand ! He walked past us and went into the bathroom to apparently do some plumbing repairs during business hours. Thank God I didn't have to go while the owner or cook (who knows) was repairing/replacing the toilet seat. And it gets better, or shall I say worse ? The waitress came over handed us some flimsy paper menus. She walked away and then came back over without a order pad and asked "What do you want?" not "May I help you?" or "Are you ready to order?" but "What do you want ?" Jarred by this blunt and rather rude approach to taking my order, I rolled my eyes and gave her my order. On top of that she forgot to bring my partner's drink and got my order wrong ! She didn't offer an apology or credit. How's that for customer service. Paper menus or training the staff "TRAIN THE STAFF"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to brush up on your english a bit. The TV was blasting, not blasted and the and someone walked past not passed, among other things.

Jackie Joice said...

Thanks for the love Anon !

Jackie Joice said...

BTW, this is my first real comment pertaining to the content of this blog ! Yaaaaaaaay !

Anonymous said...

errors aside, it's freakin funny! :D

Jackie Joice said...

Thanks for dropping by Siue