Tuesday, October 05, 2010

For Rich or Pourer

Sometimes the best things in life are free...but not at Granny's Donuts in Long Beach. I've seen this donut shop a million times while driving to various places in Long Beach. Last month, my two friends and I walked down to grab a cup of coffee because we were in the area. Granny's Donuts is open 24 hours, very convenient for travelers, drifters, and truck drivers and coffee fiends like myself! However, when I ordered my medium cup of regular coffee for $ 1.25, I was appalled to discover, that if I wanted to flavor my coffee with a couple of drops of hazelnut cream ( my favorite by the way) I'd have to pay an extra $0.25! Is this not just the wildest thing you've ever heard ? Broadway Donuts in Long Beach, offers about 10 different flavors of cream, FREE. So does 7-11. Hmmm...I guess Granny's Donuts, has to charge for a pour or two of cream to continue to stay open 24 hrs a day.

No comments: